Thursday, March 20, 2014

Birthday Books

 Alrighty, so I already talked about having my birthday this past Saturday. Well, I received three books from friends, and I've decided to showcase them today.

 The first book I received just after midnight, from one of my close friends. It was... Les Miserables! I've listened to the audio drama, been in the musical, seen the musical, etc... but I've never actually read the full out giant book for myself before. I'm so excited to add this classic to my read list! Yay! Have you read Les Mis, or a book of equal length? What's your favorite classic?


 The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers. Seriously, I LOVE this book. It's been a couple of years since I've read it, and I'm thrilled to read it once again. It's a beautiful story and highly recommended. Have you read any Francine Rivers books? Have a favorite?
A few hours later, during lunch, another friend surprised me with a present. One was a Doctor Who mug, (YES!) and the other a book. And not just any book. My favorite book.




 Lastly, not long after my second surprise, a wonderful mother gave me a fantastic gift, and one ofUnlocked by Karen Kingsbury. This is actually a story I've been wanting to read. I was interested in reading about a boy with autism and how a local girl wants to 'unlock' him. I'm really excited to read this.
things inside was...



 So thank you to the three people who were so kind to get me these lovely books. I'm can't wait to read them! (Note: Also, I received a Barnes and Noble gift card, so more books! Yay!)

~ a rambling author

No comments: