Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Audition butterflies, Band of Sisters, and the big 50.

Today we've been listening to music from The Little Mermaid broadway cast. Even my brother. Though the reason we've been listening is because we have an audition coming up for The Little Mermaid Jr. - that play- in two days.

 I've got pre-audition butterflies, I must admit. My voice doesn't seem to want to cooperate sometimes, and at my last two auditions, I had no voice. Thankfully, the music teacher knew me, so she knew I could hold a tune, so I was able to get a part in those. This time, I HAVE my voice (thank goodness!), but I'm worried it might crack or do something totally unpredictable.

 But you know what? I'm not going to worry so much. Even though I've never met any of the judges before in my life, and a bunch of strangers will be watching me, I'm going to try and be my own, crazy self, and just have fun. The song I'm doing is a fun one, from the first musical I was in. Think Positive! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TdwgJbno6g 

 Think Positive seems to go right along with what I'm doing. Does no one else see the irony of this?

 A week or so ago, I sprained my ankle. It's still purple and slightly swelled, but I can walk on it fine, and don't notice much pain. But part of the audition is a bit of a "dance" segment. o.O So I'm hoping my foot will hold up for that.

 Anyway, I'm excited! But a lot of kids are trying out... and even if I don't get cast, I'll still be attending theater classes on Monday! So we'll just have to see what happens.

 But if I just keep thinking positive, do my best, and trust the Lord, I'll turn out better for it.

  To change the subject, I'm excited for a review I will be posting Monday on Cathy Gohlke's book, Band of Sisters. I've been enjoying that book so much, but I can't say a lot since I'll be covering that in the review.

 I'm over 45K on Prince's Quest now! Maybe I'll get to the big 50 before the end of the week! Wouldn't that be fun?

 We've already had several people sign up for Characters Combined! If you'd like to sign up, just let me know, and we'll set you up.

 God bless, and have a wonderful day!

 ~ A rambling author

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! Be yourself and good luck my friend!! :)

Bethany Baldwin said...

Thanks RJ! :D

Ashley N. Mays said...

I just saw your blog on the Go Teen Writers site and thought I'd stop by and say hi! :-) Congratulations on hitting the 45,000 mark with your novel! What a big accomplishment.

Bethany Baldwin said...

Hi Ashley! *waves* Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I'm very excited! I can't wait to reach 50,000! :)

Unknown said...

I hope your auditions went well! I LOVE Broadway, acting, singing, and dancing and I like that musical! I am really into drama, also. Right now I'm in a play at university that is near my high school. It is called Picnic by William Inge. This is the first play I've been in that was not with my school and that is performed on a real stage, so I am very excited!

Bethany Baldwin said...

That's awesome! I'm excited too! I got in the play, and can't wait to start!