Thursday, June 14, 2018

O.M.G. Official Money Guide For College Students (book review)

College is a struggle. I’ve been in college for almost four years now (there’s a story to that and it’s not over yippee) and I still feel like I don’t know what I’m doing half the time.

The Official Money Guide For College Students by Susan P. Beacham and Michael L. Beacham with Allison R. Beacham is a little resource I probably could have used when I began my collegiate journey. Full of facts and fun illustrations, it’s goal is to help the college bound student know what they’re getting into—and how to handle it.

As the name implies, the Little guide covers money matters. They include Messy Money Moment and Major Money Moment scenarios to express good and bad choices the student could make. One of my favorite inclusions are little spreadsheets under the Monthly Spending Plan page to help the student budget. Budgeting is a real struggle in college and this book pulls no punches, advising against all kinds of normal college money drainers for the purpose of saving money. It even covers banks and credit cards. Overall, I think this is a nice resource and at only 50 pages (including resource pages) it isn’t going to put you to sleep. You can get it from it’s publisher, Money Savvy Generation, or wherever it’s sold.


No comments: