Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer Reading List

 I have a bunch of books I want to read over the Summer... and though it's halfway through now, I still want to read these, even if I can't finish all of them. I just did not anticipate my Summer being this busy! So here are some of my "Summer Reading List" that will transition into the Fall.

 I wanted to read some classics, as well as some books I have on my shelf yet to be read.

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo is one. A friend was sweet enough to give me this and I've been wanting to read it.

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maude Montgomery I kind of want to re-read this if I have a chance.

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott I need to actually read this.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Same with this one.

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgston Burnett Need to read this.

The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers I want to re-read this. One of my favorite books.

The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis I want to re-read the entire series.

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien I've already started 'Fellowship' but it somehow got sent back to the library so I shall be purchasing it.

The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart A prequel to one of my favorite series.

Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury Another gift that I need to (and have been wanting to) read.

Prelude for a Lord by Camille Elliot A review book

The Merchant's Apprentice by C.F. Barrows Written by one of my friends, it needs reading.

Cascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren What I'm reading right now. 

And there are several others I may fill you in on later. But these are plenty I think to focus on right now.

 What are you reading? Any classics you recommend?

~ a rambling author

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember the other sweet friend who bought you Last Sin Eater....

Caroline Meek said...

Hey! I love your blog and I nominated it for the Liebster Award!

http://2friends2pens.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award.html