Okay. I know I promised to write about Film Camp day 2, and I'm hoping to get to it, but since I believe I can get this up quicker... I'm going to post this. Even though it's way behind the date your supposed to stop, I've decided to take part in Kylie's at Further Up and Further In beautiful people project. It's where you answer questions about your characters. I've decided to try the "evil edition." Bwahahahaha. Since my book involves more then one evil character, (my poor MC!) I'm just going to do one for now. I'm going to choose Rath, Elric's father.
1. What is their motive? King Rath's motive is to have the entire kingdom under his will, no one disagreeing in any form. He also sees those who worship the One as challenging him.
2. What are they prepared to do to get what they want? Anything. He has executed many people, including several of his top generals who he suspected were plotting against him.
3. Are they evil to the core, or simply misunderstood? Eh. This is a hard question. Villain's are usually villains because they're bad. Everyone has a choice in the actions they take. But Rath suffers from a mental illness that has been eating at him since the death of his oldest son. It makes him think that the entire world is against him, and he trusts no one.
4. What was their past like? What about their childhood? Was there one defining moment that made them embrace their evil ways? He grew up in the palace. Everyone knew he would be a strong king from the beginning. He married young, and had three sons, until the day his oldest boy was killed in a tragic accident which lit the fuse on his illness.
5. Now that they’re evil, have they turned their back on everyone, or
is there still someone in their life that they care for? (Brother?
Daughter? Love interest? Mother? Someone who is just as evil as they
are?) King Rath has a special place in his heart for his youngest son, Arran, who is a lot like him in physical ability, and in some respects, his wife.
6. Do they like hugs? He does not trust anyone enough to hug them... usually.
7. Are they plagued by something? (Nightmares, terrible thoughts?) He is plagued by the illness which puts thoughts in his head that everyone is against him.
8. Who are they more similar to: Gollum or Maleficent? Maleficent
9. If your villain could have their choice of transportation what would it be? King's carriage
10. If you met your villain in the street, how afraid would you be? Are they evil enough to kill their creator? Oh, I believe so!
So what do ya'll think? Sound like someone you'd want to read about?